First, decide what to record:
The hardest part is deciding what will have the greatest impact on your goals. Sometimes people fall in love with their ideas but never test them in the marketplace. The marketplace means your sphere of influence, online network, and the invisible prospects within your desired market. People don’t spend enough time testing their video ideas and just go with one that may or may not work.
Your videography company should spend time working with you through this process.
Recording a video:
If you want to come off as a professional and showcase yourself in the best light in an advertised video. There are so many variables that go into recording a video that many people don’t take into consideration. Many people don’t show their face when walking through a house or hold the camera too close to their face or don’t have the right lighting or don’t pay attention to the sound quality or don’t look into the camera. There are so many things that can go wrong.
In some cases, it’s best to select a videography company that’s conditioned to know exactly what to look for when shooting a video for real estate listings.
Editing a video:
At the end of the day, your job is to be a real estate professional, not a video editor. Some key factors to consider for DiYers:
- The average time it takes to edit a video is about an hour. If you’re trying to beat the competition, budget up to 3 hours.
- Editing a video for advertisement is different then just editing a general video due to file size and length restrictions per platform.
- Some videos can take DAYS for professional video editors to turn around… keep in mind these are professionals, if you are not a professional video editor this would take you more time.
The video copy
You need to make sure the copy & headline is compelling enough to make the person watching stop, watch, and take action on what you are saying. The wrong headline and the wrong copy can be the difference in capturing a lead for $10 or $1000.
Advertising the video:
There are entire careers built from online video advertisers. Executing an advertising campaign can be daunting. However, here is mini guide on setting up a campaign properly:
First, decide the goals for this video.
There are various objectives and endless outcomes when it comes to marketing objectives.
Then you get to the targeting of the ad
Here are some questions to think about:
- How many different types of interests are you going to target?
- How many interests is enough?
- Is there ever enough?
- What about the demographics ?
- How about the location?
- What should the audience size be based on the type of video I’m advertising based off of the objective I’m trying to achieve?
- Do I advertise the fee, stories, messenger, groups, instagram? Mobile? Desktop? Both?
- What kind of budget should you be putting behind the ad?
After the ad is launched IT’S JUST THE BEGINNING.
Then comes ad management.
- How often should you be checking the ad?
- What amount of time should you keep it running for?
- What constitutes a good cpc? Cost per view?
- What do all of these terms mean?
Then you’ll need to think about creating a custom audience based off of the viewers engagement.
- What is an engagement?
- How do you go about creating a custom audience?
- What is the purpose of a custom audience?
- After this audience is built… What do I do with it?
- What type of content should I advertise to these people that have already engaged with my content in the past? So many things to consider… so little time.