If there’s one thing you need to get right in real estate, it’s your personal brand. It creates a memorable brand that strengthens your credibility, builds trust with your audience, and allows you to become the ONLY option prospects want to work with.
What Is Personal Branding?
Personal branding is the identity you create for yourself and your business — it represents who you are, your skills and experiences, and the impact you bring to clients in real estate.
Think of personal branding as your reputation. Remember, your brand is not just your identity — it should showcase a few things about you and your business:
- Your core values and beliefs
- Your products and services
- Your brand personality
- Who you are & why prospects should choose you
- Your unique skills and expertise
What’s the first thing you want viewers to think of when they see you? Is your brand inspiring, informative, or diligent and accomplished? Make sure your brand personality matches the audience you target.
Why Personal Branding Matters in Real Estate
Personal branding is key to standing out in a competitive market. YOU want to be the agent that people go to, so you should always work towards increasing your brand’s visibility and building a positive name for yourself.
Don’t make the common mistake of neglecting your personal brand! If people don’t know you and what you stand for, they will not do business with you.
Ultimately, personal branding is the foundation of a profitable business.
6 Benefits of Personal Branding In Real Estate:
- Gain exposure and visibility
- Build a connection with viewers
- Generate and convert leads
- Strengthen credibility & build trust
- Expand your network
- Stand out among your competitors
Your How-To Guide: Personal Branding for Realtors
Your job in real estate is to market yourself as the local expert. When you leverage a strong personal brand combined with a clever marketing strategy, you can scale your real estate business in tremendous ways.
Identify Your Target Audience
To create an effective brand, you need to first identify your ideal client — who are you trying to reach and do business with? Once you know who you want to serve, it becomes easier to cater to that specific audience. This allows you to effectively connect with the right prospects, thus growing your business.
Focus on Your Unique Abilities
Consider what you bring to the table — what makes you different from other real estate agents? Who you are will ultimately be the foundation of your brand.
Consider asking yourself these questions to figure out what makes you unique:
- Why should your clients choose you over other agents?
- What services do you offer?
- What are you best known for?
- Why did you become an agent?
- What is your why in real estate?
- What impact do you want to leave on clients?
- What are your areas of expertise?
Build Your Digital Presence
Leverage content marketing and social media to build your brand. There’s no better way to establish your brand than creating content online, where prospects can easily find you and learn more about your services.
- Post valuable content on social media to position yourself as a leader in your industry and as the go-to local real estate expert. For example, consider posting educational content to strengthen your brand’s perception and credibility.
- Use video as your next marketing strategy. Videos are one of the most easily digestible and shareable forms of content out there — they not only grab the viewer’s attention but retain it. Videos have the power to increase engagement across all platforms, which is crucial for organic growth and lead generation.
- Post consistently on social media. Social media is a FREE, powerful tool you can use to bring in new clientele. If you aren’t taking advantage of this, you are missing out on what could lead you to new clients and an excellent reputation. Consistency is key for credibility.
Choose Your Brand Personality
A strong brand will evoke some kind of emotion from your audience. Evoking emotion may sound hard to do, but it’s not! Just think about your brand personality, which helps you shape how prospects and viewers feel about you and your business.
You can craft your brand to evoke any emotion as long as it’s positive. Here are some common examples of a compelling brand personality:
- Excitement — carefree, spirited, youthful, fun
- Sincerity — kindness, thoughtfulness, family values
- Ruggedness — tough, authentic, dominant, hard-working
- Competence — successful, accomplished, leader
- Sophisticated — prestigious, elegant, reputable
Our Client’s Brand Examples
- Sophisticated — If you specialize in luxury real estate, you may want your brand to feel sophisticated, elegant, and prestigious. Take a look at luxury DC agent Daryl Judy’s Instagram.
- Ruggedness, Competence & Excitement — If you want to be perceived as the “best of the best” and appeal to millennial prospects, consider making your brand feel a combination of direct, leadership, and fun. Take a look at luxury DMV agent, Jay Caputo’s Instagram.
TIP: Keep in mind that your brand can exude one or a few of these — just make sure it makes sense to who you are and the people you serve.
Humanize Your Brand
Don’t go too far to the point where your brand becomes robotic and stale. Show that you have a personal life like everybody else by humanizing your brand.
Don’t be afraid to show your personality! Remember that people want to work with others they know, like, and trust. Here are some quick tips on how to do this:
- Share your hobbies
- Tell personal stories
- Engage with your audience (respond to comments, comment and like on other people’s posts, etc.)
- Share your favorite spots/restaurants in town
- Look at our Instagrams for inspiration — Josh’s Instagram and Michael’s Instagram
Hire a Designer / Marketing Team
A strong brand is also about aesthetics! When building your online presence, you need to have consistent visuals throughout your social media content. Branding visuals should be used everywhere you plan to market yourself, including your real estate website.
Develop the following visual assets for your personal brand:
- A professional logo
Keep in mind — your logo is NOT your brand; it’s simply a symbol for your brand.
- A clean website
It should have a consistent theme. Use ours as an example for your real estate website.
- Social media graphics
Here’s a graphics example with a consistent color scheme and font family.
- Personal photos
Don’t just post graphics. Humanize your brand by showing your face! Don’t be afraid to show your hobbies or who you are — that’s what makes people buy into a brand. Here’s an example.
Consistency in branding matters. Connect with the marketing experts at TopShotPro to create your personal branding kit for your real estate business.
Build a Solid Brand, Make a Lasting Impression
It can be hard to differentiate yourself from the crowd and create a memorable personal brand that strengthens your credibility, builds trust with your target audience, and allows you to become the ONLY option your viewers want to work with.
Your personal brand plays a huge part in how your audience perceives you. Ultimately, your brand helps your audience determine whether or not they like and want to do business with you.
Making a name for yourself can be a difficult task, so if you want to create a personal brand that turns leads into paying clients — reach out to the marketing experts at TopShotPro. Get in touch with us here.