TikTok has quickly become one of the most popular social media platforms, and for good reason! The app is great for creating and sharing short videos with your followers, and more people who would otherwise never see your content.
What can TikTok do for Real Estate Agents?
In this blog post, we will discuss how real estate agents can use TikTok to grow their businesses. We’ll go over the factors that influence the TikTok algorithm, and we’ll give you some tips on how to create successful videos on the platform. So what are you waiting for? Keep reading…
TikTok for Real Estate Agents is something that has been a brewing subject for quite some time, however, based on extensive research by our team, we are confident in telling you that the TikTok Algorithm and its operational uses recommend content based on a combination of factors from
- User Behaviors
- Liked Posts
- Saved Posts
Now that we’ve got that out of the way,
What are the factors that influence the TikTok algorithm?
There are a few factors that influence the TikTok algorithm, and they are as follows:
- Video Likes, Comments, Shares, Completions, and Re-watches: The more engagements and views a TikTok video receives, the more likely it will be served to larger audiences.
- Subject Matter: TikTok is great at categorizing content based on user interests, so the subject matter is an important factor when it comes to the reach potential on the app.
- Device Settings: The algorithm recognizes a user’s device settings such as posting location and language typically sharing local content.
- Account Age: The age of an account also plays a role in the algorithm. Older accounts are more likely to be served content than newer ones.
- User Activity and “Not Interested” Feedback: The TikTok algorithm is always trying to serve high-interest videos to every user, and it uses previous activity to determine this. Likes, comments, shares, and re-watches are all major indicators of interest.
How Realtors use TikTok
Now that we’ve gone over the factors that influence the TikTok algorithm, let’s talk about how real estate agents can use TikTok to grow their businesses. Here are some tips:
- Use Keywords in Your Captions
This will help the algorithm understand what your content is about and make it more likely to be served to users who are interested in real estate.- Keep your tone of voice professional: While you want to be relatable, you also want to come across as an expert in your field. Focus on quality over quantity.
- Use Real Estate Hashtags
There are a few popular real estate hashtags that you can use to reach a wider audience. Some of the most popular ones include #realestate, #realtor, and #property.
- Use Location Hashtags
If you’re trying to reach people in a specific city or neighborhood, be sure to use location hashtags. For example, if you’re a real estate agent in Washington DC, you might use #WashingtonDC or #DChomes
- Create more awareness with TikTok ads:
TikTok offers advertising options for businesses, and real estate agents can definitely benefit from this. You can target your ads to people based on their interests and locations, which is perfect for reaching potential
Finally, if you want to make your TikTok videos even better, we recommend trying out the platform and creating content regularly. If you want to grow your channel on TikTok, you can always count on the TopShotPro team to help you out.
Feel free to schedule a complimentary call with one of our experts HERE
Hope this blog has taught you something new about TikTok, and how you can use TikTok for your Real Estate business.