If you want to grow your real estate business in 2023, AVOID making these costly mistakes.
As a real estate agent, you need to be constantly evolving. Scaling your business means always finding ways to be a better agent. Don’t fall behind in 2023 by making these common real estate mistakes:
- Not working on your personal brand
- Taking a pause on marketing efforts
- Not posting on social media
- Failing to generate new leads
- Never learning anything new
Not Working on Your Personal Brand
Personal branding is the identity you create for yourself and your business — it represents who you are, your skills and experiences, and the impact you bring to clients in your real estate business.
Personal branding is key to standing out in a competitive market. YOU want to be the agent that people go to, so you should always work towards increasing your brand visibility and building a positive name for yourself. Think of personal branding as your brand’s reputation.
Ultimately, personal branding is the foundation of a profitable business. A strong brand can do the following for you as a real estate agent:
- Gain exposure for business
- Build a connection with viewers
- Generate leads for business
- Strengthen credibility & build trust
How Real Estate Agents Can Work on Their Personal Brand
You do not want to make the mistake of neglecting your personal brand. If people don’t know you and what you stand for, they will not do business with you. Here are two ways you can work on your brand.
- Post valuable content on social media to position yourself as a leader in your industry and as the go-to local real estate expert. For example, consider posting educational content to strengthen your brand perception and credibility as a real estate agent.
- Humanize your brand. Don’t be afraid to show your personality! Remember that people want to work with others they know, like, and trust. If potential clients don’t know who you are, what you do, or the impact you have — they will not do business with you.
You want to leave a good impression on clients, whether that’s in person-to-person conversations or through social media content online.
Taking a Pause on Marketing Efforts
Taking a pause on your marketing efforts as a real estate agent is a recipe for disaster. Investing in your real estate marketing strategy is the best thing to do if you want to see growth in your business.
Having a successful business in real estate without marketing is nearly impossible. Why? Without promotion, nobody will know you or what you do, making them less likely to trust you.
Remember — marketing is NOT an expense. It’s an INVESTMENT you must make if you want to scale your real estate business. Ultimately, marketing is necessary for any type of business growth.
This is what marketing can accomplish for your real estate business:
- Increase brand exposure
- Generate leads
- Build your digital presence
- Foster relationships with potential clients
- Help you stand out among other agents
Without marketing, you are just suppressing your potential!
Not Posting on Social Media
Social media is one of the most powerful tools you can use for business growth, and it’s entirely FREE to use. According to LinkedIn, employees who use social media activities in their marketing are 51% more likely to reach their sales goals. In addition, 78 percent outsell their peers who don’t use social media. Failing to take advantage of social media will only hold you back as a real estate agent.
Here are some reasons why you should post consistently online:
- Fosters a better connection with potential clients
- Increases your brand’s awareness
- Generates leads
- Humanizes your brand
- It helps you rank in search
The more you post online, the easier it is for potential clients to find you. Post valuable content regularly to strengthen your personal brand, or in other words, create a positive reputation for yourself and the services you offer.
Not Sure What to Post?
Content marketing is the most effective strategy for converting leads into paying customers. Create content that is consistent, valuable, and relevant to your target audience.
The more you post, the more exposure you will likely receive. Commit to posting regularly, and soon enough, your audience will also start relying on you to give them fresh content and information. You also want to make sure your brand, voice, and content are consistent as well. Being consistent strengthens your credibility and reputation as a real estate agent!
Be yourself and resonate with your audience. This means defining your audience persona and making content that educates and engages with them. Strive to be a thought leader in your field. Provide content that gives a clear benefit to your ideal client.
Niche down your content. Focus on making content for a specific audience — try not to be too broad. Being relevant also means not being afraid to incorporate new ways to increase your brand’s exposure. For example, you can use a trending sound on TikTok in your video, but make sure you relate it to real estate and what you do.
Failing to Generate New Leads
Lead generation is one of the most common reasons why real estate agents fail. One thing you should never do is stop trying to find new ways to bring in clientele. Essentially, Lead generation is one of the most critical factors for success in any business, especially a people business like real estate.
Stop failing at lead generation — here’s how:
- Identify your ideal client. Know your target audience and cater to them. If you don’t know the kind of client you want to have, how will they know you are the right agent for them?
- Create content. Content marketing is one of the most influential and non-invasive ways to generate leads organically. Produce valuable content for your target audience to establish yourself as a leader in the real estate industry.
- Leverage social media. Social media is a free tool you can use to get your name out there. Don’t just create content. Build your digital presence so that people come to know and recognize your brand. The more brand exposure, the more potential leads you will get.
- Don’t cold call. Consumers are getting tired of intrusive marketing tactics, and honestly, cold calling ultimately gets you nowhere. If you want people to buy into your service, you need to provide some value first. Consumers buy from people they know, like, and trust — try establishing a relationship with leads first.
Never Learning Anything New
To be successful in life, you must NEVER stop learning! This especially applies to real estate agents.
Always strive to be a student. The more you know, the better equipped you will be when it’s time to help your clients. Whether that be answering their questions or pointing them in the right direction to achieve their real estate goals — you want to position yourself as the local expert.
Here is how to stay ahead of the game:
- Follow real estate experts on social media
- Keep up with the housing market
- Network regularly
- Tour the neighborhoods you serve
- Watch podcasts about the real estate market
Consider tuning into our podcast series, The Producer Mindset, for tips and strategies for scaling your real estate marketing.
Avoid These Mistakes, Scale Your Real Estate Business
Start 2023 off right by using these tips and avoid the common mistakes agents make.
Need to scale your Real Estate Marketing strategy?
Connect with the marketing experts at TopShotPro to help you create your personal brand and position yourself as a leader through social media content. Get in touch with us here.